Monday, October 13, 2008

Spiritual Gifts, Questions we'd like to answer

Spiritual Gifts Questions
Friday, October 10, 2008
Do you have any questions about spiritual gifts? Really? We came up with a small list of 17 things we'd like to find answers to. If you think of more please add them. I am listing them here instead of in the first day's notes so it will be easier to refer back to. I know I am going to want to look at it again later. So, here goes, in no particular order.
  1. Are spiritual gifts for inside or outside the church?
  2. Are we all required to, but some gifted to do certain things?
  3. Do we all have spiritual gifts?
  4. Am I limited to specific gifts? Are the gifts fixed or do they have fluidity to come and go?
  5. What are my gifts?
  6. Does the bible list them all?
  7. Should we label our gift?
  8. Can we look beyond scripture for more?
  9. What is God's process in revealing our gift(s)?
  10. Why do we have them?
  11. Is the giving of spiritual gifts only a New Testament concept?
  12. Is there a difference in spiritual gifts, such as sign gifts?
  13. Can I ever lose my spiritual gifts?
  14. Do you develop them or just have them instantly?
  15. Does someone who is predestined have these gifts before they are saved?
  16. Can I use my gifts to "make tents" like Paul?

And the most important one of all.

17. What will we use to determine the answers to these questions?

We did answer one of these questions. We decided that to look for answers to these questions in any other way other than through God's word would be at least inappropriate. So we are going to look in one place to attempt to find the answers to these questions. The Bible!

If you have more questions or comments please post them.

And if you are not already, but would like to be involved in this process, it is open for all to attend. I can give directions to anyone who needs them. Otherwise, be at Dan and Kristie Cook's house on Friday nights at 7pm.

See you there!

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Thanks for doing this Randy! This is going to be a Great resource for me!